Updates Regarding COVID-19 and Aviano
Please Find Below Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the Aviano Community
What are the Hours and Rules of Use for the Aviano Fitness Center?
The Aviano Fitness Center (Cardio Room, Weight Room, Core Room, and Movement Studio) is open for resident use from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Daily. Please be aware that at this time, the following restrictions are being enforced:
- Advance reservations will be required to use the Fitness Center. Please click on the following link to register and accept the assumption of risk: Fitness Center Reservations.
- Reservations are available in 50 minute time slots, and will become available each day at 8:00 AM for the following day.
- Fitness equipment has been rearranged and partially restricted to ensure proper sanitization and a six-foot physical distance between residents.
- Temporary total occupancy at the Fitness Center will be as follows
- Cardio Room – maximum of 10 residents at one time.
- Weight Room – maximum of 5 residents at one time.
- Movement Studio – maximum of 6 residents at one time.
- Core Room – maximum of 6 residents at one time.
- No guests will be permitted during this phase of reopening, and Fitness Center use is limited to residents and their immediate families only.
- Members are required to sanitize/wipe down a machine before and after each use. Gym wipes will be provided in each Fitness Center area.
- The Association will be periodically sanitizing the Fitness Center and equipment throughout the day.
- Fitness classes will not be available at this time. The Fitness on Demand system will be available for resident use in the Movement Studio for individual on demand fitness classes.
- The water cooler and fountain service has been temporarily suspended. Please bring your own water when utilizing the facilities.
How do I Make a Reservation to Utilize the Fitness Center?
Aviano residents can make a reservation to use the fitness center during it’s operating hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, Daily by visiting our Community Sign-Up Page at bit.ly/avianofitness. Reservations are available in 50 minute time slots, and will become available each day at 8:00 AM for the following day.
What are the Hours of the Aviano Pool?
The Aviano Community Pool is open for resident use from 4:00am – 11:00pm, Daily as of August 27, 2020. Please be aware that at this time, the following restrictions are being enforced:
• Residents will be required to check in at the entrance gate with the Recreation Monitor. Residents will be required to show their Aviano access card and will be required to have provided a signed waiver prior to entry. Click Here for a copy of the required Waiver.
• All residents under the age of 18, and who are not accompanied by their parent/guardian, will be required to bring a waiver signed by their parent/guardian before accessing the pool area. Youths without a signed waiver will not be permitted to enter.
• Resident usage will be on a first come, first served basis.
• No outside guests or visitors will be permitted in the pool areas during this phase. Immediate family members will be permitted.
• Similar to like communities, the pool furniture has been partially removed based on CDC recommendations which call for implementation of comprehensive sanitation protocols, including sanitizing pool chairs, tables, and other poolside furniture after every use. All residents are required to sanitize pool furniture before and after each use utilizing either the provided wipes. Residents are also encouraged to bring their own chairs, towels, and blankets and to utilize the lawn areas surrounding the pool decks to help assist with proper physical distancing from others.
• The Association will be periodically sanitizing the pool area and associated restrooms.
• Please click here for the additional precautions that should be followed when utilizing the Pools.
• Note: the Board reserves the right to implement a reservation system, if deemed necessary to maintain capacity and physical distancing and allow additional residents access to the Pools.
Are the tot-lots and playgrounds open and accessible for resident use?
The Aviano playgrounds and tot lots are currently open on a first-come first-serve basis. Residents visiting the playgrounds are encouraged to take preemptive measures such as hand washing and hand sanitizing during and after visiting these amenities. If you or your children are showing symptoms of an illness, we ask that you please refrain from using the playgrounds. Residents utilizing these amenities are asked to wipe down equipment thoroughly with disinfecting wipes before and after use and are using them at their own risk. Health experts also are urging people to practice “social distancing,” which is the idea of maintaining a roughly 6-foot distance between other people.
Are the Community Sport Courts (Tennis and Basketball) Open?
The Community Sport Courts (Basketball and Tennis) were re-opened on May 19, 2020 with the following restrictions:
• Basketball and Tennis Courts will re-open with group sizes limited to 4 players per court.
• Proper physical distancing is still recommended, at this time.
• No outside guests or visitors will be permitted in the sports courts during this phase.
• Instructors and in-person classes will remain cancelled during this phase.
Are Reservations Available for the Tennis Courts?
Yes! Reservations are now available for the Aviano tennis courts online at ReserveMyCourt.com. Simply choose to “Sign-Up” as a new player and select “Aviano Community Tennis Courts” from the drop down as your “Home Facility”.
Why are Some Other Amenities Still Closed?
In order to ensure that proper sanitization and physical distancing is being completed, the Hot Tub, Clubhouse Banquet Room, and Clubhouse Great Room are remaining closed during this phase of our re-opening. We will continue to monitor how these temporary guidelines work in practice, listen to resident feedback, and keep track of the changes to health recommendations as we look at a future reopening of these amenities.
Is the Aviano Management Team Available to Meet With at the Clubhouse?
The Aviano Management Team has resumed onsite hours from 8AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday, and will be available for in person meetings by appointment only. The team is further available via email and phone, should you need assistance.
What is the COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
The Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) describes the Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, as a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, including coronavirus 229E, NL63, OC43, or HKU1. Patients with COVID-19 will be evaluated and cared for differently than patients with common coronavirus diagnoses.
Will the Association be scheduling any lifestyle events in the future?
All Association Lifestyle Events, meetings, programs and private event reservations at the Aviano Clubhouse and Recreation Facilities have been canceled until further notice. The circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak is a fluid situation and as a result, the Association may be required to update the current impacts on the community. The Board will continue to evaluate the situation and follow the recommendations from major health organizations and experts. We will continue our virtual lifestyle programs for the time being, be sure to sign up for the Aviano Community Emails by clicking here to stay informed on what programs are being offered at this time.
How can I help protect myself from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses?
The Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) encourages all residents to practice the following preventative recommendations to protect themselves from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
How can I contact the Board of Directors?
CCMC is the Managing Agent and serves as the liaison between the Board of Directors and Aviano homeowners, and is available to assist with time-sensitive requests or matters. The CCMC Team is happy to address concerns or forward them to the Board of Directors upon request, and does so frequently.
How do I Contact The Desert Ridge Community Association?
You can contact the management team for the Desert Ridge Community Association by phone at: 480-551-4300. You can also visit their community website at: